Friday, July 17, 2009

Water water everywhere...


Wow. Technology. It has it's ups and downs.

Up - posting to your blog over your tethered iPhone
Down - When your card from your camera cracks, it still lets you take lots of pictures, but you can't get them off the camera to post on your blog, leaving you to put up some lame picture you took with your webcam in your trailer.

Camped at Cold lake provincial campground for the past couple nights, and it looks like we're here to stay for the next couple nights too, judging by the activity in the campground. Even if we wanted to move, we might wind up in WalMart or at the end of a dirt road, since all the sites are full.

We have a decent spot here, with power, and it's high enough for the internet to work, and sort of secluded, so here we'll stay.

As for excitement - during our short drive up here from Moose lake, the realtor called to say that my neighbor (the RCMP officer) called her to say that his basement was flooded, and it was my fault because my downspouts weren't attached to the house. He also called the town to say the same thing. Strange that he didn't just go out and fix them. As it turns out, it isn't looking good for his insurance to pay, so he feels it will be a liability issue for me, and my insurance company is going to have to pay (or me, I guess). I'll talk to my insurance company when we get home and see what they have to say about all this.

My other neighbor, (the Fabulous Fontaines) went over, and fixed the downspout issue, and got it all put back together. I guess the kids probably kicked off the pipes back there or something. My basement is okey fine and dry.

I took the little ones to the beach yesterday, and they had a blast playing in the sun, digging in the sand, and going up to their knees in the very Cold Lake. Elowyn took a bit of a deeper plunge. While we were building an amazing moat on the beach, she decided without anyones knowledge to go for a float on a boogie board, by herself. The next thing I knew there was a teenager carrying Elowyn, soaking from head to toe, on to the beach. It had only been maybe two minutes of sand castle building and she had gone out, capsized, and been saved, all without me knowing anything about it. I thought she was still beside me digging in the sand. To quote Count of Monte Cristo "Zitara, God sees you out of the corner of his eye". I feel so blessed to still have an Elowyn today.

Today we took a trip to the Cold Lake Fish Hatchery, and had a tour. The little ones caught little fish in a net, fed and held some medium sized rainbow trout, and even got to pet a larger rainbow. Liam complained all the way there because it was going to be "Boring!" but he had a blast once we arrived.

Well, I guess we're off to the beach again, a little later today, to prevent burning the hides off the kiddies and their Dad.

We have another showing tomorrow at 11:45, so please pray that these are the buyers we're waiting for. I may have mentioned it before - "I hate waiting"

2 comments:

  1. Hokey smokes! I need a vacation after just reading about the craziness that's happening with you guys! We'll definitely pray about the house tomorrow - Dan's preaching so we'll get the whole church on it. This is the ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, thank you for little Elowyn and for your ever watchful eye. Heavenly Father ,you are the best parent there is!- all seeing, all-knowing, all-loving. Sustain Cam and Tanya through the madness, and may your perfect plan and will be worked out in their lives for your glory, and Lord I pray for a light, just a light on to their path, a lamp on to their feet to see the next step ahead. Amen.

    ReplyDelete