Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Future is Fiendly



Yep. Exactly the level of incompetence one has come to expect. Closed the business in February, and started a transfer of the internet service contract to Edson Alliance church, so I wouldn't have to pay 2,000 bucks to cancel it.

The transfer got cancelled in April, but nobody told me. Called in June, and they said to disregard the bill. Called again in June and they said to still disregard the bill. Then they called me to say it had been cancelled, but they could reopen the transfer, if I paid the bill in full up to date.

Now it is cancelled again. Called and they said that they weren't involved in the transfer of internet services, only phone lines (funny they hadn't told Steve or I that over the past 5 months). So on to Telus sales, and they set it all up so Steve only had to call them. Steve phones them and finds out that they can't transfer only the internet, but he has to take the whole bundle - phone line included.

5 months later, and I'm back where I started, owing Telus for another two months of service in a building that I have no access to.

So, we're back to cancelling the service, and paying the huge bill, unless there is a way to get the new cancellation fee of a meagre 150 bucks to apply to me, but it would appear it's only for contracts signed after may 2008.

It is amazing. Absolutely amazing. On the upside, until the house sells i'm not paying anybody anything. The old blood from a stone thing...

1 comment: