Friday, August 21, 2009

You can take the critter out of the tree...

You can take the critter out of the tree, But you can't take the tree
out of the tree critter's needs....
.

Yep, it's a squirrely bunch. This past week we left the big critters (Caleb and Ethan) at home, and went off to Didsbury for a week of VBS with the smaller critters. (Palmer on down).

We had a great visit with Kevin and Michelle, and the kids had tons of fun at Zion Evangelical ... We stayed in our trailer in Best's driveway, and on Friday morning, about 3 am, Tanya heard the patter of little feet. I heard the trailer door close. Elowyn awoke, and made a bee line for the Bests front porch, and then began to Scream. If that doesn't get the old adrenaline flowing.... I threw on my pants from the night before, and ran out the door barefoot through the wet dewy grass to their porch, where she stood screaming in terror, in the dark. I spoke comforting words to her (with my heart pounding) and carried her back to the trailer, and put her into our bed, ignoring the wet grass stuck to my feet as I climbed in to snuggle her.

In about 10 seconds, she was asleep, leaving her mother and I laying wide awake, listening to the Train pass our trailer (seemingly only inches away) Horn blaring, cars screeching.... It took me a long time to settle down (at least 5 minutes, an eternity for me) before I could get back to sleep. The queen bed felt quite full of people, but at least there weren't any more escapees for the rest of the evening.

Tonight the trailer is at Whitesides house, along with Palmer, Liam, Kennedy and Dagmar. We are in Edson, with Caleb, Ethan, Elowyn, & abram, Taigen and Jayden. We arrived at about 11, and have done some cleaning, and now it's 12:48 and time for a shower and off to bed. We're up early tomorrow, to finish the cleanup, see some Edson Folk, and be on the road back to Big Valley by around 10 ish.

The house is being shown tomorrow at about 10:15am, and then again later in the weekend, we just haven't heard when yet. We did take a few more pictures in Didsbury and points south, and we'll post them when I have a chance. Probably from Big Valley.

In His grip,

Cameron, and the Rubicon crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment