Friday, September 4, 2009

Importing your chickens after they've been counted

It's Baaaaaaack.

First the bus was gone, and we began the search for a new bus. An entertaining one to be sure. One fellow, in response to my request for more information, responded with:
"What do you know about bus conversions and what are you looking for? This is a 102" MCI do you know what that is? I'm not trying to make you feel bad, a lot of people ask me about our conversion that don't know anything about them. Then they compare ours to a junk conversion and I'm not interested in getting into that.

I'm sorry if you don't like my attitude and I don't really mean to have one. I converted our MCI with subs working on it and I know what we have but that may not mean a thing to you? I have thousands in this conversion and if you did the conversion through a conversion company it would cost you around $150,000 today. If you did all the labor yourself besides taking years to complete it it would still cost you around $100,000.00.

So if you are still interested in seeing more pictures and more information, let me know. On the other hand if you think I'm arrogant or have an attitude then maybe I'm the wrong person for you to deal with?

So please tell me more about your being interested in a conversion?"

Obviously a very charismatic salesman.

Entertaining to say the least.

Anyway, this morning I received an email from Ms. Nash in Kalispell that the sale of her bus fell through, and it is now for sale again. The people who were buying it were supposed to put 3500 down, and included in the price was an inspection and oil change. They pulled out before
putting the money down, while the bus is in for the inspection and oil change, so she was left holding the bag for the bill and still has a bus. A pretty bad deal for her, but the kids were excited to hear that we may still be getting the "Jungle Bus".

As for me, I believe this is an answer to prayer, since after giving it to God, and relaxing about the bus not being available anymore, He brought it right back into view. Now he just has to sell our house. Perhaps the next post will be all about that!

Still riding the emotional roller coaster, I remain, yours incredibly amazingly,

Cameron (and troupe)

No comments:

Post a Comment